Sunday, February 7, 2010

Turnovers make the game...

Well, I thought the storm was coming...


Yeah the storm was how the Colts flopped. I mean, I really have to hand it to the New Orleans Saints. If anyone deserved to win it was Drew Brees. He's a good guy and the Saints haven't won a Super Bowl since the franchise started about 42 years ago. I don't blame any one person for the loss, on the part of the Colts. Turn overs kill you in football, and Indianapolis had way too many.



After the game, Louis's phone started blowing up with text messages. Apparently everyone was afraid to talk to me! :)

As soon Peyton Manning threw his second interception with around one minute left in the fourth quarter, I knew it was over. Louis looked at me and said, "I'm sorry, babe." As much as I thought it'd be great if the Saints won, I didn't realize how much it'd hurt me.

That's kind of how I could describe my weekends now. Even before I got married, my weekends were filled with work and family activities or meeting up with Louis for the couple fleeting hours we had together every week. But now we're filled with things to do, like buy groceries or work on our taxes or run other errands. That's why I feel flustered when it comes to Sunday nights - I've got so much HOMEWORK!

I cannot wait to graduate. I've led myself to this point in my education (career) game. I started the first half off strong but then at the second half, I had to switch sides and move to Arizona from Indianapolis. That's where all the turn-overs are coming from.



When I transferred to the University of Arizona, I think the advisors thought my previous, private school was only a community college instead of the 4-year, accredited school which it was. Instead of having Senior status as a Junior with my credits, I came into the Journalism program as a sophomore; I had to start from scratch.

But right now it's late in the game, and during the last couple semesters I've had quite a few hick-ups in my offense. I lost interest in a couple of classes because I'd already taken them at my old school and ultimately failed them. Another I lost interest because it wasn't my career focus: Broadcasting versus Print Journalism. There goes another loss of five yards.

And now, hopefully graduating in May, I have to pull out a Hail Mary play to the end zone with less than 2 minutes left in regulation. There's no overtime.

My husband's been very supportive through this semester, even though we're just going into our fifth week tomorrow. Somehow, it feels like we've been here for much longer. And I guess I'm thinking about all this since I'd be working and enjoying video editing all day long if I had graduated already. If not, I'd have been on the field tonight interviewing Peyton Manning there in Miami after the game or telling Drew Brees congratulations as he hoisted the Lombardi Trophy.



Needless to say, turn-overs make the game. And I've got to come back from a multi-point/credit deficit.

No comments:

Post a Comment