Monday, April 26, 2010

Soundtrack of our lives

My mom and I have bonded many a couple days where we devoted 14 hours of amazingness to a Mexican telenovela called Alborada. One of the most beautiful men you've ever seen, Fernando Colunga, wins the heart of a woman, Lucero, in a story full of the epitome of telenovela stereotypes: amnesia, someone's pregnant with someone else's baby, someone else is having an affair, and evil mother who switched babies at birth, and a guy who's got so many issues it's ridiculous - but we love it!


Well, we did it again. My mom and I have been sharing our Mexican bond over the last few months since school started watching another telenovela called "Zorro: La Espada y La Rosa" or "Zorro: the Sword and the Rose." 



It, of course, has the same rubric for the typical Mexican soap opera: amnesia, a psycho power-hungry villian, two women are pregnant with someone other than their husband's baby, everyone thinks the female lead is dead except for the one guard who's helping her and the token little man with a hump, the male lead's father is in love and married to one woman, but he's also in love with his dead wife's twin sister, and the female lead's mother is the next heir to the Spanish throne, but she's been in prison and locked up with a mask because her husband, the governor of California, wants to marry the male lead's aunt who happens to be the mother superior of the local convent. Hahaha, and I haven't even begun to tip the iceberg!

Since this particular telenovela is on at noon I've discovered the beautiful piece of technology known as DVR. This weekend I was catching up on the 20 episodes I haven't been able to watch since school has been so busy. Luis has rediscovered his Play Station 2 and God of War II. One break, he came into the kitchen and started laughing. 

"This soundtrack is on replay, isn't it?" he commented, referring to how the end of each scene boasted pounding drums and sounds that tried to perpetuate the suspense of the scene. "That's hilarious! Babe, we're out of eggs. Dun dun dun dun-dun-dun, dun dun dun dun-dun-dun," he said as he smacked his stomach in a drumming manner. 

Last night his shenanigans lead to a pillow fight and then when we went walking this morning, both of us perpetuated the antics. 

I love that my husband can make me laugh so much, so I just had to share.

1 comment:

  1. perfect!i love so much this series!thi is my favorite!:)

    ReplyDelete