Sunday, March 21, 2010

Broken home

So i've been sad, missing my foo foo puppy named Fitzwilliam. He's a Maltese rescue dog that I bought back in September in 2008. He's a loving dog with the cutest face. He was made to be loved and cuddled, no joke.

When ever I come home to my mom's house, he's already barking at the sound of my husband's truck even before I turn the corner. My mom eggs him on and says, "Momma's home!" He looks at her and stars wining at the door or the front window, looking for me to walk in at any moment. When I do he goes nuts!
Sometimes I'll barely be getting out of the truck, my mom will get him worked up and open the front door, and he'll bound down the sidewalk to see me. The token activity that I know he thinks I'm special, is that Fitz will almost collapse into a ball at my feet and turn onto his back so that I can rub his stomach. He doesn't do it with my mom or anyone else in the family, but me.

Mom and Dad came over for dinner last week and it was such a treat to have my little man come with his nana.


He was pretty rambunctious at first, running around and getting his bearings. And as we all started eating dinner he settled down a bit. Luis and I are going to want a dog after I finish school and will probably be home more often. My dad wanted me to take Fitz when we got married, but I can't take care of him being at school all day. The poor little guy needs attention. He really is like taking care of a little kid. 

He demands attention, I have to make sure he can get out if he goes to the bathroom, he's got thick fur so I wouldn't be able to leave him outside all day, he demands attention and love, I have to make sure he's brushed all the time since, again, he's got so much fur, I have to make sure he's fed, but most of all he demands attention (had I said that yet?) 

I love the little guy so much, but I'd hate to take him away from my mom. I'm thinking we'll still be able to work things out, but it's almost like Fitz is a divorce child just because I only see him every so often. Louis teases me about it, especially with the baby talk with which my mom and I shower Ftizy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment