Friday, March 5, 2010

The Princess and the Pea




Since we've been married for about two months now, I've gotten used to the scary horror stories that Eriel used to tell me about Louis's snoring. I've gotten used to waking up earlier than he does and going into the guest bath to get ready for school so I don't wake him; he's a very light sleeper. I already feel bad enough when my alarm goes off at five in the morning and his doesn't until a quarter to 7. Not to mention he's laughed about my attacking him in my sleep. I definitely travel the bed. 

He laughs about how one night he was laying on his back and all of a sudden, my hand slides under his head and his pillow. It wasn't just my hand though, it was balled up in a fist. Another time I had stolen all the covers and wrapped a leg around them. He woke up and couldn't believe I'd done it, so to continue the teasing, he woke me up with a flash in my face so he could show me what I do. (Funniest thing I've ever seen, not gonna lie).

The one thing that I'm still trying to get used to is sleeping on our bed. It's a super firm king mattress with a Tempurpedic mattress pad. I usually sleep on my side and end up on my back during the night, but lately I've been feeling aches and soreness in my neck and shoulders. Louis has another bed in one of the guest rooms that he used to sleep on when he was going to ASU (still don't let him live that one down :) ). It's a queen bed with a fantastic pillow top. I had ostracized myself there when I was sick and then slept there again to try it out and see if it was a good idea to switch out the beds. I decided that if we had a queen bed in the room I'd probably push Louis off the other side.

Back to when I tried out the bed for myself, it took even longer for me to get to sleep. Then it hit me, I couldn't get to sleep without Louis next to me. I've even gotten used to sleeping next to him and I'd never thought it would feel weird sleeping alone.

And the sweetest thing happened the next morning when Louis continued the conversation about moving the queen bed into our bedroom. I told him not to worry about it. The pain's not so bad that I can't handle sleeping in our bed. But then he melted my heart when he said, “But I want you there with me.” The king is still in the bedroom but it's still the sweetest thing to hear him whisper, “Goodnight m'lady, I love you.”

1 comment:

  1. Awww..This is the sweetest blog I've read so far. It's so nice to hear newlyweds talk about their new life. You sound so in love and your husband sound like a sweet heart too.

    Ohh and you stealing the sheets and having your hands at the back of his pillow?? Very hilarious, that was me when I was like 5/7years old and I used to sleep with my mum and dad sometimes. I'm pretty sure I rolled of the bed a couple.

    But now I just stay in one position when I sleep, I wake up and it only takes me like two seconds to lay my bed. But I'm sure your husband likes you more because of that. I really like your blog by the way, very romantic and colorful.

    I can see you’re enjoying being a "Mrs." and I pray it stays that way. I'll see you in class.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete