Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kiss me in the rain...

I love rainy days. In Indianapolis I enjoyed them very often. But now that I'm back in Tucson, I'm they're few and far between. I especially love the thunderstorms during the summers with the continuous, amazing electrical spectacles.

But even more, I love them for my husband.

Our relationship was still new, possibly almost a month of seeing each other and not even official yet. Louis had gotten out of work early - around the time I got out of class. It was a Thursday. We met up and parked our cars just off of University Avenue and Park behind Chase Bank. While we were talking on the sidewalk, he gave me a big hug. Because I didn't want to seem like I was enjoying being close to him too much, I started to pull away and he didn't let me go - I got chills. I asked him how his day was at work and he spoke about how he was stressed and tired with the long hours he'd been putting in lately.

"I can let you go if you want-," I started to protest.

"No, no, no. Not at all. I don't get to see you and do this very often," he answered. I melted and hugged him a little tighter. He likes me!

We then started asking what to do about dinner. I pointed out the number of places on University. He then pointed out that he preferred a burrito.

"I have the perfect place! My friends and I used to go there all the time after long nights out," I said. We hopped in his truck, a maroon-red Nissan Titan fondly referred to as Clifford, and took a trip down to The Taco Shop on Highland Avenue  and Broadway Boulevard. It wasn't as good as the Nico's brand, but we enjoyed it. And I was getting more and more infatuated with him with every moment I laughed and talked with him.

By the time the hour was over I was on cloud nine, but we discovered that it was raining as we walked out. So we decided to brave it and walked toward Clifford. We were walking hand-in-hand through the short parking lot and as I started walking toward the passenger side, he pulled my hand and brought me closer to him. He kissed me ever so sweetly and smiled.

I grinned ear to ear and started giggling.

"What?" he asked.

"Every girl thinks it'd be so romantic to be kissed in the rain and now I can say I have," I replied, shyly.

I looked down, embarrassed and he stopped me. He took my face in his hands and gave me a passionate kiss.

....I may have embellished the details, but this is how I remember it. It remains one of my fondest moments with him. And to this day, while I'm at school and he's at work and it would start raining, I still send him text messages saying,

"It's raining outside. Consider yourself kissed."

2 comments:

  1. I just love these little stories. You two seem to share so much love and life, you are truely among the lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    I agree with Kate. Reading your stories of sweetness between you and your husband is such a pleasure. The feel of the blog (the opening photo, the rose border, the red font) is so loving. It makes me warm and fuzzy.

    This blog will be a great treasure for your husband and you to look back on as your relationship progresses. I think embarking on your last semester of college as a "wife" has proven challenging and motivating for you at the same time. I am glad you are enjoying this assignment and I am ecstatic that your theme keeps you writing consistently.

    Keep up the great work. I will be reading. . . .

    ReplyDelete