Thursday, March 18, 2010

Paranormal Activity (not really)

So it's spring break and while a few of my classmates are out enjoying time at the beach, I'm enjoying my house and waking up two hours late (which really is only about 7), walking around in a robe until about 8 and wondering what to do with my time.

Homework is a four-letter word I've been refusing to think about. And mostly I've been cleaning and running errands.

But one thing that has been eating at me is this:

Monday morning Luis told me I just about gave him a black eye in my sleep.



Granted, since we got married he's been teasing me about how I move around in my sleep, steal the covers, and introduce him to my elbow every night. I go to sleep on my side and usually wake up the same way so I had no clue that I travel the bed. When my mom teased me about it I'd just shrug it off and say she got me confused with my younger brother who definitely travels the bed. One Saturday morning in 2001 while our family was living in an apartment when our house was being built in Indianapolis, my brother and I shared a bed. He had turned himself upside down, feet toward the head board, and kicked me in the face at 5 in the morning. Not the best way to wake up, trust me.

So now that my husband's telling me this I feel horrible. I had not only kneed him in the back twice, nudged up against him leaving him no space on the king sized bed (On a king-sized bed, really? how can I do that?!) we share, and stolen the covers, but I had literally punched him. He said he'd just about gotten so mad at me that he was going to go sleep in another room. He knows I wasn't doing it on purpose, but he's a very light sleeper and I was mortified after he told me the story!

Doing my own research, I might have Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) which is somewhat related to Restless Leg Syndrome. Haha, I'm gonna have to go on drugs. He started researching restless sleeping and he said it's caused by melatonin, I think. He said it's a chemical that your body produces when it's dark and if it's not regenerated enough it won't keep your body still and in a somewhat paralyzed state while you sleep.

I started thinking about that creepy movie Paranormal Activity where the girl stands over her boyfriend for hours and stuff...oye so creepy. What just adds to the creepiness is that his house creeks when the wood settles every night between the hot and cold of the night. And we'd just watched "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" the other night. hahaha, we might have to have an exorcism of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment